A former Minister of Information and Ijaw leader, Chief Edwin Clark has declared that President Goodluck Jonathan will re-contest in the forthcoming 2015 elections and nobody can stop him from doing so. Clark disclosed this on Friday, August 22, in Abuja while receiving a delegation of ‘Northern Women Mass Movement for President Jonathan 2015 Ambition‘, an umbrella body of Northern Women in Politics. The elder statesman said Jonathan will re- contest because he is qualified to do so under the law and he has performed credibly well to the point that those who voted him in 2011 are willing to do so again, Punch reports. He explained that four more years of Jonathan as president will not bring the nation to end and that all those who had ruled the country before spent two terms. He said he was sorry for the Northern Elders Forum who he claimed had been accusing the President of neglecting their region, adding that it was wrong to accuse the President of developing his region as he even resisted pressure to appoint the Inspector General of Police from his region. Clark said: “When people who are close to Jonathan advised him to appoint someone from the South South as IGP, he said no. This is because, he is not sentimental. He appointed two Head of Service consecutively who are from the North. He created 10 new federal universities in the Northern region.” Speaking on the missing Chibok girls, he said they would return soon to join their parents and other women to in building the nation. “If President have used force to free the girls, some of them would have died, and the same people will still shout that Jonathan has killed our girls. Those girls will come back to join us to build the nation,” he added. With the 2015 elections drawing closer, it has been rumoured that President Jonathan would re-contest for the presidency on the platform of the PDP but Jonathan has continued to say that at the right time he would announce his decision whether to contest or not. However, a former Deputy Senate President, Ibrahim Mantu had earlier revealed that President Jonathan would soon be declared the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP , presidential flag-bearer in next year’s elections.